Maximize a Small Outdoor Space With Innovation
Features for an amazing small patio can include:
- Chairs: Seating doesn’t have to be a huge outdoor sofa to be comfortable. Cozy chairs are an inviting space to relax where you’re working with a small footprint. You can add style with an accent pillow or a bunch for a pop of color and greater comfort. Another option is a built-in bench for seating or a fold-up bench to offer moving room.
- Lighting: Light up evening nights and make small areas look larger. Beautiful lighting adds visual interest and reduces dark spots, which can make a space appear smaller. Wolf Home Products has a selection of outdoor lighting to work with any patio or backyard, including post cap lights, under-rail lights and stair lights, which do not take up any additional room on your patio.
- Store smart: Storage is a big issue on decks and patios which aren’t the size of a football field. Let’s face it — everyone could use more storage space. It’s especially true for smaller spaces, where any clutter can suddenly shrink the room available. With outdoor cabinets from Wolf Home Products, it’s possible to store a barbecue with all the barbecue implements, a favorite blanket and everything else needed for a relaxing evening at home. You can store everything until you need it, creating more space while still allowing easy access to everything you need. These cabinets have a powder-coated finish and sealing to keep the interior dry, no matter the weather.
- Color: In situations where you don’t have tons of space to show off brilliant style, pops of color blaze to the rescue! Whether it’s a rug or grass or a bright coat of paint, color adds dash without elbowing anyone off the patio.
- Think vertical: Sure, there may not be tons of space horizontally, but look up and the sky is the limit! Draw eyes upwards with stripes, bold colors, curtains or amazing lighting to expand the look of the patio, deck or garden.
- Move to the edges: One great tiny outdoor space idea is moving your seating, dining and cooking areas against the wall or borders. This creates a larger space in the middle, making your yard feel larger.
- Declutter: Be ruthless about removing small items that can clutter your outdoor space. Keeping surfaces clean and empty can create a minimalistic look that highlights the open space.
- Keep it portable: Consider a few items you can bring inside when you aren't using them. For example, a portable hammock or extra chairs you can store indoors gives you more flexibility for your outdoor space.
- Embrace small with a cozy feel: A canopy or gazebo lets you build a tiny, cozy retreat that capitalizes on a small space. If you have curtains or fabric you can pull back, create a larger space by tying these fabrics back.
- Stay in scale: When selecting decorations or furnishings for your small yard, look for narrow pieces with thin, delicate frames instead of oversized objects with bold lines. Smaller items will better suit the scale, making the space look less crowded.
- Think strategically: With small outdoor living spaces, every bit of space counts, so you need to get strategic. Consider how you use your space. If you rarely grill outdoors, for example, you can maximize your outdoor space by removing the oversized barbecue area to have more room for relaxing.
- Create extra room: Use steps or a raised platform to create a separate space for cooking or seating. Using vertical space makes your small outdoor area more functional and creates the illusion of more space by dividing the area.
- Furniture that does double duty: Amazing small patios with plenty of elbow room have a secret — they have furniture serving more than one purpose. Whether it’s outdoor cabinets serving as a table or bar or an ottoman offering storage room, look for pieces to pull their weight.
You don’t have to start buying more property to make a patio or yard beautiful. Good things come in small packages — and with a few tweaks you can turn a tiny outdoor spot into a big, bold style statement. Check out outdoor cabinets and lighting from Wolf Home Products to start transforming your outdoor space.