When considering plans for a bathroom remodel, most people's minds will often gravitate toward their dream shower or bathtub.
While those two aspects are usually the stars of the show, your bathroom will contain a variety of other elements that must blend to create your ideal aesthetic. Not only must your bathroom features be visually appealing, but they also need to be functional, and that's especially true for your bathroom vanity.
From grand designs like floating bathroom vanities to intricate details like faucet type, crafting your vanity style can be challenging. There are quite a few factors to consider to ensure that every trip into that bathroom brings satisfaction and not regret. Once you learn how to choose a bathroom vanity, the process will be smooth and enjoyable.
What to Consider When Choosing a Bathroom Vanity
There are actually two products to think about when selecting a bathroom vanity - the base cabinet and the vanity top. Paired together, they create your bathroom vanity. Companies like Wolf Home Products allow you to choose both parts of your bathroom vanity individually, creating a custom bathroom vanity style that is sure to please.
But before you start thinking about cabinet door styles and types of surfaces, you'll need to address a range of other variables to ensure the best fit for your vision. Here are a few things to think about at the beginning of the process:
- Not all bathrooms are created equal. Bathrooms can run the gamut in a household. Are you remodeling a tiny powder room, where space is at a premium, or are you going big with your master bath? Defining who uses the bathroom and how often will help you define your needs for storage, vanity size, and style.
- Does it match your decor? A mismatched vanity can stand out among your other precisely matched decor and accessories. Our bathroom vanity cabinets and vanity top products offer many different options so you can create the ideal look for your style.
- How durable must it be? Depending on what kind of bathroom you're dealing with, the frequency with which you use it will likely vary. Certain materials hold long-term advantages over others, so you'll want to have a good idea of how much wear and tear it will see.
- What size are you looking for? The size of your bathroom will dictate how large your vanity can be, but you'll also have to decide how large you want that vanity to be in your space. Are you looking for a wide width to place various things for convenience, or are you just looking for a more functional vanity that lets you have the necessities? Answering these questions will help narrow down your choices.
- How much use does your bathroom get? If your vanity is used often and by several people, you might need to look at getting a bigger model with durable materials to withstand more frequent wear. If it's only used sparsely by one or two people, a smaller, more decorative vanity may be perfect for you.
- Will you need storage space? You could be wanting to use your vanity as a storage space. In this case, maybe you want the width to be larger, and you could customize your vanity with various cabinets and drawers to hold everything you need.
- What color are you looking for? You'll have plenty of colors to choose from — 12 or more — so think about how you'll want your vanity to look in your bathroom lighting and how you want it to accent your overall bathroom design.
- Do you plan on eventually selling? If you plan on reselling your home at a future date, you'll want to equip your bathrooms with vanities that are both durable and widely appealing so you don't alienate any potential buyers.
What Kinds of Bathroom Vanities Does Wolf Offer?
It can be challenging to find the right bathroom vanity, but luckily we pride ourselves on offering all-encompassing solutions for our customers. Wolf offers various vanity cabinet options in our five cabinetry lines and we carry four highly customizable vanity top options that you can choose from to meet your needs.
When selecting a base cabinet for your bathroom vanity, you have many options - and we have plenty to offer. From our valued-added Wolf Classic cabinetry line to our semi-custom line of cabinets, Wolf Designer, we're confident you will find a vanity cabinet that fits your needs. A few things to consider when selecting a vanity cabinet:
- Door Style: First, you can select the door style that best fits your bathroom theme. Does a clean Shaker-style door or a decorative full overlay door make sense for your space?
- Finish Options: Paint or stain? You'll have to decide whether you want a paint or stain finish on your cabinets. Another great option is Wolf's unique SmartShield finish that looks like paint but is strong enough to stand up to even the messiest bathrooms.
- Storage Solutions: Do you need extra storage in your bathroom? Each of our cabinetry lines offers unique storage solutions, such as pull-out shelves, to make even the smallest bathrooms functional.
Once you've decided on your vanity cabinet, it's time to think about choosing a top. Our vanity top lines include:
- Solid Surface: Long-lasting and contemporary, this solid surface vanity material touts a nonporous surface that is moisture-, bacteria- and stain-resistant. You can even fully integrate a sink, which eliminates spaces where mold and grime can accumulate.
- Quartz: Quartz is increasingly popular due to its ideal combination of features. It's stain- and moisture-resistant, affordable, durable and provides a sophisticated look.
- Natural Granite: Natural Granite gives every bathroom a high-end feel with its appealing sheen and unmatched toughness. Your piece will be original, too, as the color and crystalline structure vary from build to build.
- Cultured Marble: If you want flexibility, our special-order cultured marble option carries the most extensive range of personalization. With 45 different finishes, you can easily fit your desired look. We also offer quick-ship marble, which is a cost-efficient option for homeowners seeking simple and elegant looks.
With all of the focus on the vanity design itself, you can't forget about one of the key functional aspects — the sink. You can install a sink in any of Wolf Home Products vanity designs, giving you freedom to really personalize the look of your vanity. A few things to consider while choosing a sing include:
- Shape: You have a few different bowl shapes to choose from, including rectangle, oval shell and wave, based on the vanity design. Depending on your preferences, you might want to go with a more traditional sink shape or pick something more unique, like the shell.
- Quantity: If your vanity will get a lot of use, consider installing two sinks in the same vanity. This is a great way to reduce mess and create space — just make sure you'll have enough room for the vanities, necessity items and standing space in front of the sinks.
- Integral vs. Undermount: Many Wolf vanities come with either integral or undermount sink types. Undermount sinks are detached and located below the vanity counter, whereas integral sinks are actually a part of the counter with matching material. Both types have their unique advantages, so be sure to look into this before choosing.
See? Creating your very own Wolf Home Products bathroom vanity is easy! Choose a door style, finish, and functional amenities (i.e. number and size of drawers) and pair your favorite vanity top to create a unique bathroom vanity perfect for your home. Ready to get started?
Find a Local Dealer to Transform Your Bathroom
Now that you know how to choose the best bathroom vanity for your space, you can proceed with confidence. Contact a dealer in your area to see your options in person today.