If you love spending time on the patio or deck, you're probably always looking for new ways to bring the convenience of inside outdoors. Fortunately, there are many ways outdoor cabinetry can transform your backyard. No matter where you live, outdoor cabinets can help facilitate cooking, entertaining, storage and more. Today's durable cabinets — including a range of options from Wolf Home Products — can transform a backyard into something more functional and welcoming.
We've prepared this brief guide on incorporating cabinetry into your outdoor space to inspire your creativity and hopefully push you to start that renovation project you've been putting off. Keep reading to learn more!
Outdoor Cabinet Design Ideas
There is an almost limitless number of ways you can use outdoor cabinets. If you garden, cabinets are a great option for keeping hand tools, fertilizer and other items nearby. If you have kids, cabinets are an ideal storage space for toys and sports equipment. However, the most common application for outdoor cabinetry is without a doubt storing kitchen items. If you're serious about grilling, the right cabinetry enhances the functionality and convenience of your patio. With cabinets, you can have everything you need to prepare a gourmet meal easily accessible — and keep the party going while you entertain your guests.
Why Outdoor Cabinetry Is a Good Investment
Whether you add an outdoor storage cabinet to keep your lawn and garden organized or a set of kitchen cabinets for grilling, your home will benefit. Outdoor cabinets:
- Help you stay organized: It's easy to let your backyard get messy — particularly when you'd rather be relaxing than worrying about cleaning up. Cabinets make it fast and easy to keep things tidy so you can enjoy the outdoors more.
- Let you do more with less space: Cabinets are a great alternative to a storage shed or outbuilding — one that will integrate seamlessly into your backyard. If you have limited space, but lots of things you want to keep handy when you're spending time outdoors, cabinets let you do more with less.
- Add value to your home: In today's real estate market, anything you can do to separate your home from the neighbors will deliver a return on your investment. As part of a larger deck or patio renovation, outdoor cabinets create a striking impression that will enhance your curb appeal and add value to your home.
Ultimately, the decision to add outdoor storage cupboards to your outdoor space will be a personal one. How much time you spend in the backyard — and how you like to spend it — will determine whether or not cabinets are the right choice for your home.
What to Look for in Outdoor Cabinetry
Outdoor cabinetry must be more durable than indoor, for obvious reasons. To make sure your purchase will weather the elements, look for outdoor kitchen cabinets that feature:
- -Lightweight aluminum construction, a more durable and weather-resistant alternative to stainless steel
- -Powder-coated finish for additional protection against rain and snow — ideally in a color that matches your backyard decor
- -Sealed storage to keep out moisture, protecting your perishable items and preventing water damage to the cabinets themselves
- -Strong aluminum floors and doors for added durability and resistance to dents
- -Adjustable shelving and legs for flexible storage that helps you get the most out of your purchase
Wolf Home Products is proud to sell some of the best outdoor living products on the market today. Our products integrate with our decking and porches to create a unified solution that will instantly transform your space. Get inspired by visiting our gallery and seeing how our customers have turned ordinary yards into elegant areas for entertaining, relaxing and more.