JOB POSTING: Transportation Supervisor (Joliet, IL)
• Monday through Friday, 6am - 4pm
• As a Wolf Transportation Supervisor, you will be responsible for oversight of the drivers, inbound and outbound freight and equipment (power units & trailers) of the distribution center.
Personnel Responsibilities: The transportation manager will hire, coach, train, discipline, and conduct annual performance evaluations of employees. Provide leadership and guidance to employees by establishing effective goals and use scorecards to educate and improve employee performance and safety.
Freight Responsibilities Inbound/Outbound: Supervise the transportation team with the daily activities of inbound and outbound freight including but not limited to 24/7 asset utilization (power and trailer resources), dock assignments, etc.
Fleet Responsibilities: In conjunction with the National Director of Fleet and Drivers; the transportation manager is responsible for the assignment, utilization, maintenance, repair, and maintenance of the location fleet both power units and trailers.
• Manage employees in assigned transportation business unit. Communicate and daily interaction with the team. Duties include hiring, training, coaching, conducting appraisals, disciplining, and terminating. Provide leadership and guidance by establishing effective goals, communicating company policy, and providing necessary instruction and feedback.
• Responsible for managing inbound and outbound freight for the Distribution Center.
• Responsible for managing jockey needs of the Distribution Center.
• Responsible for the maintenance of Wolf Logistics, LLC delivery equipment.
• Maintain driver calendars to effective staff resources for the needs of the business unit.
• DOT Compliance: follow and enforce all DOT Rules and Regulations and ensure that Wolf Logistics, LLC is DOT and FMCSA compliant.
• Assist management in the design and selection of software systems for effective use of delivery equipment and personnel.
• Responsible for expense review and explanation of variance from budget for assigned cost centers and attaining financial goals established by senior management.
• Perform additional duties as determined by Executive Management.
Experience, Skills, Qualifications, and Education
Required (R) or Desired/Preferred (D)
• (R) Read, speak and write English
• (R) College Degree or minimum of 7 years’ experience in transportation management
• (R) Understand balance sheet and income statement and ability to prepare financial budget and proformas
• (R) Ability to travel
• (R) Proficient with PC and Microsoft software applications
• (D) Mechanically inclined
• (D) Proficient with ELD Systems
• (D) Proficient with on board cameras
• (D) Class A CDL License
• (D) Functional in Spanish
How to Apply
• Complete an online application by clicking here
• Print and complete an application by clicking here
- Fax: 717-849-0620
- U.S. Mail: The Wolf Organization, Attn: Recruiter, 20 West Market Street, York, PA 17401
- Email: [email protected]
Please contact Rachel Wagner at 717-852-4807.