JOB POSTING: Logistics Engineer (York, PA)
• Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm
• As a Wolf Logistics Engineer, you will be responsible for performing research, collection of data for analytics, and engineering of inbound and outbound transportation designs of the Wolf logistics network. The engineer will optimize logistics for cost efficiency and effectiveness of delivery processes and routes through review and analysis of customer data, delivery requirements and mapping analysis of various operations and delivery footprints throughout the network. Additionally, support the procurement of logistics service providers for all modes of transportation utilized by Wolf.
• Collect, interpret, and analyze various types of logistics data including customer and sales data, geography, run designs, delivery days/frequency, miles, stops, capacity & costs.
• Review of logistics processes and procedures; identify, recommend, and implement improvements to maximize delivery efficiency while minimizing costs.
• Utilize analytic methods and tools to understand, predict, and/or control logistical costs.
• Maintain database(s) of logistics information and develop metrics.
• Mapping of logistic models and development of engineered solutions.
• Leverage web-based logistics systems and other appropriate methods of monitoring deliveries and shipments.
• Assist the business unit manager with special projects and perform analysis of departmental reports as requested.
• Be willing to work overtime.
Experience, Skills, Qualifications, and Education
Required (R) or Desired/Preferred (D)
• (R) Read, speak and write English
• (R) Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain or equivalent of 2 to 5 years comparable work experience designing, developing, implementing route design solutions, logistics and quantitative disciplines
• (R) Proficient with PC, Microsoft, mapping programs and other applicable TMS software applications
How to Apply
• Complete an online application by clicking here
• Print and complete an application by clicking here
- Fax: 717-849-0620
- U.S. Mail: The Wolf Organization, Attn: Recruiter, 20 West Market Street, York, PA 17401
- Email: [email protected]
Please contact Rachel Wagner at 717-852-4807.