A beautiful backsplash has the power to bring a kitchen or bathroom to the next level. It can add a vibrant dash of personality, color and pattern to a simple room, or tie a space together with a subtle color scheme. Whether your backsplash blends into the background or rises to be the star of the show depends on the look you choose.
Five Factors to Consider When Weighing Backsplash Options
If you're deciding which style fits you best, consider these five factors:
- Countertops: What color, style and look do your countertops have? Since these will likely be the direct contrast to your backsplash, picture them side-by-side before making your decision.
- Mood: What is the mood in the rest of the room? Is it contemporary, modern, coastal, traditional? This is not to say that your backsplash has to echo the mood. On the contrary — a statement splash can brighten up a stoic kitchen, or a mild backsplash can add gravity to a quirky space. Mood is an important thing to consider when deciding how you want your backsplash to tie in to your room.
- Shapes and patterns: Consider what look you prefer, and what shapes and patterns already exist in the room. Even if you're looking for a backsplash to serve as a statement piece, see what colors and lines already exist in your kitchen. If you've already got patterns galore in your room, a simple backsplash may actually stand out more. On the flip side, if your kitchen is low on design elements, a bold or unusual backsplash can incorporate patterns without making the room too loud.
- Era: Does the rest of your house look like it belongs in a past century? Is your kitchen ultra-modern? Does it scream vintage retro? If your home is already strongly tied to an era, think about how your backsplash will work with this look. If your house itself already seems like a statement piece, you might want your backsplash to tie into the aesthetic rather than compete against it.
- Textures: Even if you don't want your backsplash to be the attention-getter in the room, you can still make it a statement piece on its own. How? Opt for an out-of-the-box material. Instead of classic tile, consider brick, glass or even a mirror. Whether you go bold in color or style, a unique textured backsplash can strike the balance between standing out and blending in. Truly a design feat.
Find Your Wolf Dealer Today
Whether you opt for neutral subtleties or bold patterns, your backsplash can be a key part of completing your kitchen or bathroom. Wolf Home Products offers a line of on-trend kitchen cabinets that will make a statement and look great with whatever accent tiles you choose. Whether you're planning to go bold or stay subtle, find a dealer today to purchase Wolf Cabinetry.